Welcome to the World Kli Hackers WIKI experiment :)
this website is just a draft (very early stage… don't worry, we'll clean up the menus and layout of this wiki to look much cleaner and elegant; (feel free to edit the text below as it is only a small seed that has been planted…)
Purpose of this wiki
**Enabling open collaboration for the technically inclined people of the world kli ("soul hackers") **
1st step is to find all the geeks/techies in the World Kli and unite them under one roof
- giving a chance to the geeks in the world kli to meet and unite
- attempt the "open-source collaboration model" for people to introduce themselves, find out who else exists, invite their friends, identify parallel projects, common problems, etc…
WHAT TO DO HERE
0. review http://internet2011bb.wikidot.com/
1. get invited by a friend to be able to participate (question: should we keep this model of invite only via a friend? or are we ready to open it up and let anyone register?)
2. invite other friends that you think should observe this or can contribute and inspire them to invite their friends, etc
3. create your profile (tech skills, tech experience interests, desires, etc…)
4. PLAY! review list of projects, ideas, forum and add where you have the desire
WE NEED HELP
1a. help us organize this website… make it cleaner and more user-friendly
1b. we need a good way to be able to post ideas, vote, rate, collaborate… (we do not have to stay with wikidot, obviousy … we just needed something fast!)
2. any volunteers to add a blog feature and and forum??
the whole thing is a WIKI so go ahead and CONTRIBUTE
we are very curious to see how fast we'll be able to "self-organize" if we have the right intention and desire to unite!
HOW THIS WIKI SITE WORKS
Then there are some things you need to know:
- You can configure all security and other settings online, using the Site Manager. When you invite other people to help build this site they don't have access to the Site Manager unless you make them administrators like yourself. Check out the Permissions section.
- Your Wikidot site has two menus, one at the side called 'nav:side', and one at the top called 'nav:top'. These are Wikidot pages, and you can edit them like any page.
- To edit a page, go to the page and click the Edit button. You can change everything in the main area of your page. The Wikidot language is easy to learn but powerful.
- You can attach images and other files to any page, then display them and link to them in the page.
- Every Wikidot page has a history of edits, and you can undo anything. So feel secure, and experiment.
- You can choose different themes in the Site Manager, and you can write your own theme if you know CSS.
- To start a forum on your site, see the Site Manager » Forum.
- If you want to learn more, make sure you visit the Documentation section at www.wikidot.com
If you've already created other sites
Then we don't need to tell you how addictive Wikidot is. But maybe it's worth reminding you of some of the advanced Wikidot features:
- You can run your Wikidot site on its own web domain name.
- You can use Google Analytics to measure traffic going to your site.
- We are also offering you a way to earn money from your wiki using our advertising implementation (feature available for Pro accounts).
We hope you enjoy using Wikidot as much as we do. If you want to discuss Wikidot, there's an active community of Wikidot enthusiasts where you can share tips and ideas.
Pro accounts start at $49.90 per year
If you do not have a Pro account yet, check out the our subscription plans and see which upgrade plan fits you most.